Indigo Shire Council Community Forum Update
Stanley Residents who attended the community forum in February received an update from Indigo Shire Council on the actions taken in response to requested that were made at the forum.
An edited version of the outcomes is provided here so that more people know what’s happening as a result of the forum.
1. Pioneer Road Speed Limit
- Ron Sneddon of VicRoads is reviewing this issue
2. Maintenance Trends at Indigo
- Line marking changes at Silver Creek have been refered to Vic Roads
- Bike trail between Beechworth and Stanley linked to the rail trails will be followed up at the next cycle reference group meeting (note held in April)
- Suggestion that warning signage for cyclists using the Stanley-Beechworth road be installed will be discussed with VicRoads at the next cyclic Traffic Committee meeting (note held in March)
- Issues of street names and signage within Stanley will also be raised at the above meeting
- Issues regarding Cemetery Road have not yet been addressed.
- Other issues including storm water drainage have begun to be addresses with Council staff meeting with local residents to discuss options and possible solutions.
- Community Notice Board was raised as an issue and council acknowledged the issue and pledged to help find a solution.